Some of them total strangers who have given something up to shape the course of history through our next generation of leaders. I was really inspired - I'll admit it. A couple of random thoughts.
- Larry and I argued about the presence of puppets. I was sure that they would have a presence at this conference - he tried to convince me that Children's Ministry has "moved beyond puppets" - I'll let you ask him what started the conference - the very first bit of the very first session!
- 2 Instances of hand motions also made it in to the first session (don't doubt me again Larry)
- The new Willow is ridiculous (this deserves a seperate post)
- Larry got a gift bag at the hotel from Willow for being one of the speakers - in it was an i-pod shuffle with Willow's logo on it ... c'mon seriously...
- Our trip out here was hilarious (ask about the convenience store bathroom break...)
- We took a little I-80 detour (all right a big one - but I'm spinning it that it wasn't that big!)
- Our hotel is amazing (I'll post some pics in another post too) but here was our conversation as we were driving up to this palatial architectural wonder:
Derek - look at this place, man
Larry - this can't be right
Derek - it is - this is the place - you're bigtime
Larry - shut up this isn't right
Derek - you're bigtime man - just accept it
Larry - stop saying that - what's going on?
Derek - I said you're bigtime -that's what's going on
Larry - I hate you
(Larry gets out of the car -goes into the 4 story open lobby to register - comes back out to the car - white as a ghost.)
Derek - What's wrong
Larry -You'll never believe what was playing over the PA in the lobby...
Derek - what?
Larry - "Big Time" by Peter Gabriel
Derek - ...told ya.