Anyway - one of the conversations we had was about life goals. I talked to him about the passage in Luke 2:52 that is the only passage of Scripture about Jesus' developmental years when he was on earth. It simply says, "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." It's such a complete picture of development in a short verse.
- He grew in wisdom - mentally
- He grew in stature - physically
- He grew in favor with God - spiritually
- He grew in favor with men - socially
- Mentally - straight A's all 4 quarters of this year
- Physically - at least 60 minutes of active play every day
- Spiritually - read his Bible before bed every night with me and fully engage by asking questions
- Socially - reach out to one particular kid in our neighborhood of another ethnicity who doesn't really have any friends here yet.
Here were a few things that I shared with him for me:
- Mentally - take one Master's level class again beginning this Spring
- Physically - lose 10 lbs before October 17
- Spiritually - journal my application portions of my personal study of the Scriptures
- Socially - invite 3 different neighbors to our house who haven't yet been in our home by Christmas.
All in all it was a great time for us together - and when I kissed him good night tonight and hung out in his room for a bit - there was a whole new level of closeness, trust, and spiritual fervor. Mission accomplished.