Monday, October 20, 2008

Long Stretch

Sorry for the long blogless stretch - I'm ready to re-commit to some consistency here. I have to get more consistent in order to get ready for the blog section of the new Grace website which is getting ready to launch in a week or so. The last several weeks I've been busy working on some changes that will affect Grace for a long time. It's a really exciting time to be at the church. Want to keep the momentum and innovation going so that we don't become a barrier again to what God is trying to do at Grace. We waffled around decisions before for fear of hurting feelings - can't do that any more -the stakes are too high.

Anyway - I'll post some leadership learning from my most recent trip to Newspring in South Carolina and Tony Morgan's coaching Network this week. But the first one is just a funny exchange that happened over our lunch break.

What Tony actually said, "Hey Jack, how do you like your Mac Air?"
What I heard... "Hey Jack, how do you like your back hair?"

I'm thinking - holy crap - Tony really gets close with his mentor-ees - above and beyond the call of duty if you ask me...

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Back hair...Mac air...ha!

P.S. AWESOME message Saturday night. Thanks for keeping it REAL!

Anonymous said...

thank god he didn't ask about your back hair!

Mindy