Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Simple questions for debriefing an event

Today our staff will gather.  It's our first meeting since Christmas and we'll be doing some evaluating of our Christmas services. We have used these simple questions to debrief events for a few years. They seem to allow us to get the necessary stuff on the table without getting too far off track. 
  1. What went right?
  2. What went wrong?
  3. What was missing?
  4. What was confusing?
Ok - I know that was four things and I usually do things in three... we'll all survive!  I wish I could give credit here because these questions came from someone I talked to somewhere (I didn't come up with them myself) - but I have no idea who!  If it was you, feel free to claim them.


Do you have any good debriefing questions that have worked well in your organization?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

5. Is it worth doing again?
6. Who benefited most from it most?
7. Did anyone recieve any direct feedback?
8. If there was cost involved, was it justifyable?

Severino said...

COMPLICADO!